Industrial Electrician- Pomona, California
Energy Management Corporation has and opening for an Industrial Electrician in Pomona, California. We are a 40-year-old and growing industrial automation company that sells and services electrical motors, drives, and generators. We are looking for an innovative, extremely detail-oriented, self-motivated, honest, and hardworking individual to join the team.
Duties and skills expected of the Industrial Electrician include but are not limited to:
- Basic knowledge motors controls and VFDs.
- Master licensee desired, journeyman licensee ok
- Knowledge of NEC rules and requirements
- Plan and coordinate activities concerned with installing equipment, investigating and resolving customer reports of technical problems
- Applicants will have strong electrical or electronic background, able to read schematics, mechanically inclined, self-motivated, and computer literate.
- Provides on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Answer technical questions and provide high level of support for the sales department.
- Provide quotations for customers on the repair job.
- Interact with customers over phone to provide answers to technical questions.
- Keep workspace clean and organized.
- Installs new or modified equipment at customer’s facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
- Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
- Comfortable working on 120, 240 and 480 volt power systems, medium voltage experience a plus.
- PLC knowledge is a plus.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- Electric motor theory, vibration analysis, laser alignment is a plus
- Pulling and reinstalling motors, pumps, fans a plus.
Must have own basic hand tools. Must be willing to travel locally with occasional overnight trips. Must be able to speak, write, and communicate clearly in English. Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Applicants must be able to fulfill the physical duties of the job, which include being able to stand or walk for long periods of time, occasionally sit, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. Applicants must be able to reach with hands and arms. Applicants must also be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Climbing ladders, kneeling, bending and working in tight locations, working outdoors at time in the elements are all requirements for this position. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Clean driving record required. Must be able to pass a DOT physical.
EMC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply.