Generator Technician – Idaho
Energy Management Corporation (EMC) is seeking a Generator Field Service Technician. We are a 40-year-old and growing industrial automation company that sells and services electric motors, drives, and generators.
The Generator Field Service Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, performing preventive maintenance, and performing start-ups on generator equipment including automatic transfer switches in our customer’s facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Service, repair, modify, diagnose and rebuild standby power generators.
Similar Positions include:
- Diesel Mechanic with Electrical Skills
- HVAC Technician with Automotive/Diesel Skills
- Electrician with Automotive/Diesel Skills
• Perform preventive maintenance on natural gas and/or diesel generators.
• Preform failure analysis, emergency field service for customers.
• Perform start-ups on new equipment.
• Process required paperwork in a timely manner.
• Responsible for communicating repairs needed to both the customer and service manager.
• Operate, drive and maintain company service truck and parts inventory on truck.
• Furnish current required tools.
• Willing to participate in the rotating responsibility of afterhours on-call-technician.
• Must possess a valid driver license
• Willing to travel sometimes over night or over a weekend
• Basic understanding of company provided computer, tablet, cell phone
• Good organizational skills
• Able to work well unsupervised
• Attention to detail
• Excellent customer relation skills
• Good mechanical/electrical aptitude
• Able to comprehend and trouble shoot from wiring schematics
• Knowledge on the basic workings of both diesel and gas engines
• Willingness to train in the company programs to enhance his or her generator knowledge
• Trade school education in stand by power systems and/ or relative experience.
• Experience working with power generator equipment for a minimum of one year
• EGSA and/or CDL certified
• Strong welding experience
Applicants must be able to fulfill the physical duties of the job, which include being able to stand or walk for long periods of time, occasionally sit, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel, use wrists and hands for using tools, and looking down at the product being built. Applicants must be able to reach with hands and arms. Applicants must also be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
EMC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified women and minorities encouraged to apply.