Chief Financial Officer
Chief Financial Officer Opening
Energy Management Corporation is a 41-year-old and growing industrial automation company that sells and services electrical motors, drives, and generators. We operate in 6 Western States and have over 100 employees. We are seeking a proven professional to lead our Accounting, Human Resources, and Logistics Teams.
About the Position
The Chief Financial Officer is tasked with the three obsessions below:
1. Build and lead a great team of professional people in the accounting, human resources, and logistics departments, that protect company’s assets and minimize the company’s liabilities.
2. Participate as a pivotal member of the company’s Executive Leadership Team with a pragmatic approach to increasing the value provided to each stakeholder.
3. Provide accurate and timely financial information that will assist management in making educated economic decisions.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Oversee the activities of the corporate accounting department personnel and processes.
- Oversee human resources to ensure appropriate legal compliance.
- Oversee logistics in an efficient and effective manner.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational opportunities.
- Assess and evaluate the financial performance of the organization regarding long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts.
- Identify opportunities for improving processes and increasing efficiency.
- Assist with the preparation of semi-monthly payroll.
- Ensure timely payment and filing of Federal, State, and Local payroll, income tax, property tax payments and filings.
- Oversee preparation of monthly financial reports, including monthly statement of activities and budget vs actual by divisions.
- Oversee cost analysis of organization activities.
- Supervise staff and ensure application of appropriate internal controls.
- Perform effective performance evaluations of direct reports in a timely manner.
- Identify and ensure proper staffing to accomplish organization’s financial management.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet and statement of activities, financial accounts reconciliations, and cost allocation.
- Oversee daily cash management and accounts payable operations.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Assist with evaluation of pricing to customers as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting. (Master’s Degree is preferred)
- Manufacturing and inventory management experience required.
- 10+ years of general accounting experience.
- 5+ years in a senior financial role.
- Up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting regulations.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills.
- Ability to present financial information appropriately and with integrity.
- Working knowledge of databases and IT programing is a plus.
Physical demands and work environment:
While performing duties of job, incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; for extended periods of time and lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.